Help Make A Difference
Thriving Students. Thriving Schools.
At ISA, we believe that every student can succeed—in school and in life—and that every educator can nurture that success. Through our evidence-based, hands-on approach, we help schools and districts develop customized solutions to meet their school improvement goals to enable all students to achieve their full potential.
We are looking for dynamic consultants to provide instructional coaching and professional development in K-12 schools and school districts nationwide, with a special focus on New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. Instructional coaches work in mathematics, English/language arts, science, and history/social studies. We also seek coaches with expertise about English language learners and special education.
Candidates must have the following qualifications:
- excellent knowledge of current K-12 education issues;
- minimum of 10 years of relevant experience using an inquiry-based, constructivist approach;
- experience working with content-area teachers individually and facilitating group discussions;
- ability to lead workshops for 20-25 people focused on a content area; and
- deep understanding of the content area, both as a discipline and its meaning in the world.
Candidates interested in a position as a mathematics coach/consultant should forward a resume and letter of interest to Nate Dilworth at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates interested in other coaching opportunities should forward their materials to Abner Oakes at email@example.com.
At ISA, we believe that every student can succeed—in school and in life—and that every educator can nurture that success. Teachers, principals, and other school and district leaders simply need the right support at the right time. No two learning environments are the same, and so serving the needs of all students requires a customized approach. We collaborate with the educators, schools, and districts that we serve to learn about their unique needs. Then, together, we create a plan tailored to their specific goals and implement strategies designed to sustain their success. We care for the needs of teachers and school leaders so that they can focus on caring for students.
We help schools and districts
- build cultures focused on educational equity by removing barriers that prevent certain students from accessing rigorous learning experiences;
- nurture students’ social, emotional, and academic development;
- develop teachers’ talents as instructors to improve student engagement and achievement across subjects; and
- enhance the leadership skills of their administrators to promote continuous school improvement.
Our commitment to our clients flows from our commitment to our team members, including consultants and coaches. Core to our business is the fundamental tenet that a diverse workforce instills a deeper appreciation of the challenges that our partner schools and districts face each day. At ISA, diversity is valued, and inclusion is an expectation. Our personnel and consultants reflect the rich diversity of the communities that we serve. ISA employs nine full-time employees—six Black women, one Black man, and two White men—and ISA’s diverse cadre of per diem leadership and content coaches numbers more than 60. This diversity ensures a variety of viewpoints are included in our work, enhancing not only ISA’s culture but also improving the service that we provide to our partner schools and districts.
Each business development associate – ISA plans to hire more than one – will support the growth of ISA in 14 states. It will be expected that applicants have networks in at least two of these states, and sales territories will be determined from the networks that new hires have. Currently, ISA collaborates with 40 schools and 14 school districts in eight states and the District of Columbia. This is a remote position, but the individual may need to travel to conferences and to make presentations at schools and districts.
The person in this role will need to be an articulate speaker and writer, skilled at producing marketing content that conveys ideas effectively. He or she or they also will need a demonstrated track record of delivering high-quality results. The person in this role will work independently.
Our business development associate also will
- assist in the development of a strong pipeline of prospects through direct or indirect customer contact,
- work with ISA’s national director of outreach and engagement and senior directors to implement business development initiatives,
- provide regional conference support,
- conduct lead follow-up and proposal writing, with support from the national director of outreach and engagement and ISA’s senior directors, and
- collaborate with internal stakeholders to support marketing and business development objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree
- School district experience
- 5+ years of proven work experience
- Demonstrated expertise with Salesforce and MS Office products
- Proficient writing, proofreading, and editing skills
- Ability to work with a diverse range of people
- Deep knowledge of school and district reform and improvement activities
- Commitment to exceptional client service with the confidence to lead
- Ability to interact with various levels of prospects and with school and district partners
- Creative problem-solving ability and a consultancy mindset
- Dedication to accomplishing goals and challenges presented by partners and management
- Ability to work with various levels of management and team members
- Flexible, self-starter possessing intellectual curiosity
- Ability to move multiple projects forward within a specific timeline and budget
- Strong analytical and financial data analysis skills
- Ability to recognize issues and identify solutions
- Excellent oral presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to follow, critically evaluate, and improve upon current processes
- Solid organization and time management skills
- Research and project management capabilities
- Ability to follow company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues
This is a contract/consultant position, and compensation will be a combination of a daily rate and percentage of sales.
To apply send a letter of interest and resume to Abner Oakes at aoakes [at] ets.org. Thanks!